1. To expose medical
students to the common and pertinent procedures which
they will encounter during their prospective internship.
2. To cultivate a sense of camaraderie and possession of the mentors among
3. To inspire the medical students to handle their mentors with utmost respect
and gentleness during the surgical anatomy and skill training.
4. The Silent Mentor Program as a new education model to inspire medical
students to be humane doctors upon graduation.
Programme Layout (10/04/2019 - Wednesday & 11/04/2019 -
1. Introductory lecture and power point presentations.
5 standard procedures on Wednesday and Thursday which includes
Endotracheal Intubation, CVL Insertion, Chest Tube Insertion, Basic
Suturing Skills and also Steinmann Pin Insertion.
are expected to try hands on.
Layout (12/04/2019 - Friday)
1. Demonstration of common surgical procedures and important
are common examination questions.
2. Free hands session
during extra time.